ProvenTutoring.org exists to promote the use of proven tutoring models as a solution to the learning problems of students who lost ground during the Covid school closures, and those who are far below grade level for any reason.
We plan to accomplish our goal by doing the following:
- Communicating the importance of proven tutoring models as a means of diminishing learning gaps, and communicating the value of evidence-based reform in general.
- Offering educators clear information on specific proven strategies to help them make informed choices among them to meet the needs of their students. This website is a part of that effort.
- Jointly marketing proven tutoring programs to elementary, middle, and high schools, in electronic “effective tutoring fairs,” in which educators can learn about available programs and make choices among them.
- Encouraging government and private funders to accelerate the pace of development and evaluation of new programs and evaluation of existing but unevaluated programs, to add diversity and capacity to the set of programs offered to schools.
- Promoting strategies to enable successful teaching assistant tutors to obtain teacher certification, so that tutoring can become part of a pipeline into teaching for capable tutors.